Winter Status Update in Bullet Points
February 19, 2012 at 8:18 pm (Exercise/Nutrition/Health, Growth/Inspiration, Rants, Slice of Life)
Tags: Deepak Chopra, exercise, meditation, overeating, SAD, seasonal affective disorder, winter
- January and February are not my favorite months.
- I go into hibernation mode.
- I run less.
- I stretch less.
- My hamstrings tighten up.
- I eat comfy foods more.
- My love handles bulk up.
- My belly looks like Baby Roo has taken up residence.
- My back aches.
- The number on the scale increases.
- I don’t walk as much.
- I don’t get as much fresh air.
- I don’t get as much sunlight.
- My mind is not as sharp.
- I am reduced to writing in bullet points.
- My emotions are not as stable.
- I make the scary discovery that the state of my mind really does influence how well I land planes on Flight Control HD on the iPad.
- I decide that putting my fate into the hands of an air traffic controller who has been running less, eating comfy foods, not getting enough fresh air and sunshine, and feeling a bit out of it may not be such a great idea.
But there’s hope.
- The days are getting longer.
- They’re also getting warmer.
- I’ve had just about all I can handle of comfy foods.
- My tight, aching body actually is beginning to crave exercise and fresh air again.
- I have a gift certificate for a massage waiting to be redeemed.
- The Chopra Center is sponsoring a 21-Day Meditation Challenge, which begins on Monday, February 20th.
- My life coach buddy has invited me to her 3-day Soulful Cleanse.
- I’ve made some progress on the novel.
- March is right around the corner.
- History indicates I do this every year and always spring back.
How are you surviving the winter?