These are my son’s favorite muffins. Boy, did he deserve a batch after the week we’ve had. I whipped them up today in a half hour, and that included making Earl Grey tea and setting the table. Let me know what you think.
Makes 12 muffins
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 cup milk (I used 1%)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup farina (I used Cream of Wheat)
½ cup sugar
1 Tb. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
Cinnamon and sugar
Let’s Do It!
- Mix together a bit of cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the wet ingredients and combine well.
- In a small bowl, add the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Combine the wet and dry mixtures and fold together gently until just mixed.
- Spoon a bit of the mixture into each cup of a nonstick muffin tin and then sprinkle a light layer of the cinnamon/sugar mixture on top.
- Spoon the rest of the mixture into the tins and top with additional cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 16 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Remove from tin and cool on rack.
Mine didn’t make it onto the rack. We love them warm from the oven.
Enjoy! And if you just gotta have more farina, see my family recipe for Migliaccio (Italian Farina Custard).